For me, the best part of the pizza is all of the toppings. I can take or leave the crust, both for taste and other reasons. So if you’re like me and want to enjoy all of that yummy, gooey pizza flavor, make this layered goodness in your slow cooker for a meal as easy as ordering out!
Ingredients for Pizza in the Slow Cooker:
- 1 1/2 lb ground beef or bulk Italian sausage
- 1 jar (15 oz) favorite no-sugar-added pizza sauce
- 3 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- 12 slices good pepperoni
- 1 cup sliced ripe or green olives
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 3 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
Adjust the toppings to suit your own tastes and preferences!
How to make Pizza in a slow cooker
- Brown the ground beef or sausage in a skillet.
- Pour over the pizza sauce and stir to combine.
- Put 1/2 of the meat-sauce into the slow cooker, followed by 1/2 the fresh spinach, 1/2 the pepperoni, 1/2 of the olives, 1/2 of the mushrooms, 1/2 the onion, and 1/2 the Mozzarella cheese.
- Follow the above step to create a repeat layer, using the rest of the ingredients. Finish with the Mozzarella cheese covering the top.
- Set the slow cooker to LOW, cover, and cook for 5 to 6 hours.
- Turn off the heat and let it sit for 15 minutes before cutting.
Serves 6 to 8.
Need a new slow cooker?
Are you looking to upgrade your slow cooker? A large one like this will really make you feel like you’re digging into a pizza when you slice it up! Check it out by clicking on the picture! And please note that this is my affiliate link, so I may earn a few pennies should you make any purchases through it.