Kitchen Essentials Spring Giveaway ~ Ends 4/01 @lwwmontel @Viatek @SMGurusNetwork
The kitchen is the center of of the family world. The food you make for your family is extra special because of your love for them. Wouldn’t some fun new toys to use in there be wonderful? There are some great prizes in this giveaway and they can all be yours. Which one do you want the most? Continue reading “Kitchen Essentials Spring #Giveaway Ends 4/1”
Wonderful Halos Easter Craft and Family Fun Basket Giveaway! 1 Winner ~ $85 RV (Ends 3/22!) @HalosFun @SMGurusNetwork
I love Halos! They are so good year-round, but I especially love to eat them in the winter when I am trying to push the vitamin C. And they were always very popular in my classroom at snacktime! A bonus in this giveaway is there is a cute craft for the kids as well. Best of luck entering and thanks for stopping by!
Continue reading “Wonderful Halos Easter Craft and Family Fun Basket #Giveaway Ends 3/22”
How many kids do you know love their scooters? I know my friends’ kids all go nuts over theirs and would love to get a new one. This one is supposed to be a really good one and you are now able to check it out and try to win yourself one! Or you could share it with a good friend or family member and be their favorite person. Thanks for stopping by and checking it out. Best of luck to all who enter!
Continue reading “Razor A3 Scooter #Giveaway Ends 4/1”
Popcorn and movies have gone together since the motion picture was first introduced. Most of us traditionally like to have the buttered variety. Some of us like to hit our sweet side with kettle corn. Why not tempt your savory side this Popcorn Lovers Day with a spicy popcorn recipe or two?
How to Make Popcorn
There are a few ways that you can make popcorn and then flavor it with either one of these recipes.
1.) Pick your favorite microwave popcorn, preferably a plain version. Follow the package instructions, as each variety and brand may vary in length of time and temperature needed to pop. Remember to listen for the pops to slow down to a couple of seconds in between before you take it out.
2.) Break out your favorite air popper for a healthy popcorn snack. (The following are affiliate links for some of my recommended products. I only share those products I think you will like. Should you make a purchase through one of these links, I may earn a small commission to support my websites.)
Using the Hamilton Beach Hot Air Popcorn Popper brings back nostalgic memories of my childhood. Oh, the excitement when Dad brought that out on the weekends!
My friends have one of those West Bend Stir Crazy Poppers. Even the youngest at the age of three is able to help make popcorn in this. They love playing with all kinds of flavor concoctions in it.
3.)My favorite way to make popcorn is on the stove. Use any large heavy saucepan that has a tight-fitting lid. Use just enough oil to coat the bottom of the pan. (A couple of tablespoons is usually plenty, as it spreads while it heats.) Heat the oil over medium-high heat and then add enough popcorn kernels to cover the bottom of the pan in a single layer. Cover with the lid and occasionally shake until the kernels are finished popping.
However you decide to make the popcorn, when it is fully popped, place it in a large serving bowl so that you can mix the flavoring on top.
Spicy Popcorn – Chili Flavored
Set your tastebuds on fire with this spicy chili flavored popcorn.
- 6 tbsp butter
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp hot paprika
- 1 tsp salt
How to make the chili flavoring:
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan.
- Stir in cayenne pepper, paprika and salt.
- Pour over the popcorn and mix well.
Spicy Popcorn – The Spicy Italian Version
- 1/8 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp onion salt
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/8 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp sweet paprika
How to make the Spicy Italian version:
- In a little bowl, mix paprika, thyme, oregano, onion salt and vegetable oil.
- Pour the spicy mixture over the popcorn and mix well.
White bean dip is one of my favorite dips out there. It makes for a great base to add a variety of flavors. It’s good with vegetables, tortilla chips, or even pita chips. Or you can have something with a bit more seasoning to complement its flavor. Try this white bean dip with homemade pita chips for your next snack or get-together.
Ingredients for Homemade Pita Chips
- 6 pitas
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Homemade Pita Chips
- Preheat over to 375 degrees.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut each pita into 8 equal-sized wedges.
- Lightly brush each wedge with olive oil on both sides and then place them on the baking sheet.
- Season the pita wedges with salt and pepper to taste before placing the baking sheet in the oven.
- Bake for 5 to 6 minutes and then flip each wedge over before baking for another 5 to 6 minutes, or until the pita wedges are a golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and set aside.
Ingredients for White Bean Dip
- 1 15 oz. can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, peeled
- 2 T. fresh lemon juice
- 2 – 3 large fresh sage leaves, chopped (*Note – A little bit of fresh sage can go a long way. You may want to start with a smaller amount and then add to taste.)
- 1/3 c. regular extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 T. high-quality extra virgin olive oil
- dash cayenne pepper
How to Make White Bean Dip
- Add cannellini beans, fresh garlic, lemon juice, sage leaves, and regular olive oil to a food processor or blender.
- Blend the ingredients until they’re smooth.
- Pour the dip into a bowl and salt and pepper to taste.
- Just before serving, sprinkle with the dash of cayenne pepper and drizzle a little high-quality extra virgin olive oil on top to give it an extra pop of flavor.
- Serve with the homemade pita chips or veggies.