Who likes it hot? These Louisiana Hot Sauce Pork Chops will give you a taste of being down south with just enough heat to give you a kick without knocking you out. They’re super easy to make right in the slow cooker.
Ingredients for Louisiana Hot Sauce Pork Chops
- 1 (16 oz.) can of stewed tomatoes
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 dash of Louisiana hot sauce
- 1/4 C of dry white wine
- 1 onion, sliced thin
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced thin
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 4 boneless pork chops, 1/2 inch thick
- 1/8 tsp of pepper
- 1/4 C of cold water
- 2 tbsp of cornstarch
How to make Louisiana Hot Sauce Pork Chops:
- Place the tomatoes into the bottom of the crock pot.
- Pour in the lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce and wine and stir until blended together well.
- Spray a skillet well with a non stick cooking spray.
- Place the skillet over medium high heat and add the onion, bell peppers and garlic.
- Sauté for 4 minutes or until the onions begin to turn a
- Spoon the mixture into the crock pot and stir to combine.
- Spray the skillet again and return to medium high heat.
- Sprinkle the pork chops evenly with the pepper.
- Brown the chops for 3 minutes then turn.
- Continue browning for 2 minutes then transfer the chops to the crock pot.
- Cover and cook on low 9 hours or until the chops are cooked
- Remove the pork chops from the slow cooker and place on a platter. Keep the chops warm.
- In a bowl whisk together the cold water and cornstarch until smooth.
- Whisk the mixture into the sauce and continue whisking for 2 minutes or until the sauce has thickened to your liking.
Makes 4 servings
**NOTE: Louisiana hot sauce is milder than Tabasco sauce. If you prefer a hotter, spicier dish use Tabasco sauce instead.
Need a new slow cooker?
Sometimes you need a different type of slow cooker to add to your arsenal. Sometimes you just need to replace an old slow cooker. Click on the picture below to check out this one and see if it would work for your kitchen. It’s my affiliate link, but that just means I’ll earn a few pennies should you make a purchase through my link. Happy cooking!