If you’re looking for something healthier to serve with your dinner for the holidays or every day, you should give cauliflower mashed potatoes a try. For those who are into doing keto or paleo, they are a perfect side dish that fit your needs. For the rest of us, we may just want to try something different. The garlic and the chives give it great flavor, complimenting a wide range of beef, pork, chicken, and plant-based entrees. Plus, it comes together in under 30 minutes, so it is perfect for those busy weeknights when you want to get a healthy dinner on the table without too much fuss.
Ingredients for Garlic Chive Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes
- 1 medium cauliflower head, florets only
- 2-3 whole garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 T. unsweetened almond milk
- 1 t. garlic powder
- 1 t. onion powder
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 3 T. fresh chives, chopped
How to Make Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes with Garlic and Chives
- Place the cauliflower florets and the garlic cloves into a steamer basket set over a pot of gently boiling water. Cover and steam until the cauliflower is fork-tender, around 15 minutes. (Tip: Steaming the garlic along with the cauliflower will remove the raw edge and make it more tender.)
- Transfer the cauliflower and garlic to a food processor or blender and add the olive oil, almond milk, garlic powder, and onion powder. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and process until smooth and creamy. Taste and adjust the seasonings, as desired.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and top with fresh chives before serving. Enjoy!
What flavors do you like to add to your cauliflower mashed potatoes? Let us know in the comments below.