I admit that I am not a huge fan of peppers. I’ll use them as an ingredient, but eating them as a main dish? It’s hard for me to do. And yet, I love stuffed peppers. I know, I don’t get it, either. So here is a tasty way to enjoy stuffed peppers that you can easily make right in your slow cooker!
Ingredients for Stuffed Peppers
- 6 medium size green bell peppers
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 medium size onion, diced small
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups finely chopped raw cauliflower
- 1 cup finely chopped raw carrot
- 1 can (6 oz) tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp dried oregano flakes
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 cup chicken broth
How to make Stuffed Peppers
- Cut tops off of the peppers and save them. Remove all the seeds and membranes.
- Set the peppers open side up into the slow cooker.
- Put the remaining ingredients EXCEPT the chicken broth in a large bowl and mix, breaking up the ground beef and pork, and making sure everything is combined well.
- Fill the peppers with this mixture.
- Set the pepper ‘tops’ back on the peppers. The peppers should be over-flowing with the meat mixture, so the tops won’t perfectly fit closed on them.
- Pour the chicken broth into the slow cooker around the peppers.
- Set the slow cooker to LOW. Cover and cook for 7 to 8 hours, until peppers are tender and meat is cooked.
Serves 4 to 6.
Need a new slow cooker?
Sometimes you need a different kind of slow cooker for your various recipes. Or maybe you just want an upgrade. Here’s a fun one for you to check out. This is my affiliate link, so if you make a purchase, I may make a few pennies at no additional cost to you.