I love pork chops. It was one of the meats that we had the most when I was a kid. Mom traditionally made them with the Shake ‘n’ Bake coating and baked them in the oven and served them with homemade applesauce. Yum. But did you know that other fruits also taste good with pork chops? This Spicy Peach Pork Chops dish that you can make in your slow cooker has a bit of sweet and savory plus just a little bit of heat to it, if you are so inclined.
Ingredients for Spicy Peach Pork Chops
- 1 tbsp of canola oil
- 4 bone-in center cut pork chops
- 1 (15 oz.) can sliced peaches
- 1 (15 oz.) can tomato sauce
- 1 C of water
- 2 tsp of soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp dried basil
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
How to Make Spicy Peach Pork Chops
- First we’re going to start with browning the pork chops in a skillet. Heat the canola oil over medium high heat and then add the pork chops.
- Brown the chops, turning once, for 6 minutes.
- Drain on paper towel then place in the slow cooker.
- Drain the peaches but reserve the juice in a mixing bowl.
- Add the tomato sauce, water and soy sauce and stir until blended together.
- Add the rosemary, thyme, basil and cayenne pepper and stir until blended.
- Pour the mixture over the top of the pork chops.
- Lay the peaches evenly over the top of the pork chops and sauce mixture.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 7 hours or until the chops are tender and cooked through.
Makes 4 servings
The warmed peaches provide the sweetness to this dish, as they go well with the pork chops and give the tomato sauce just a kiss of something different. If you’re so inclined, you can add the cayenne pepper for just enough heat and spice to make this dish a mouth watering delight.
Need a new slow cooker?
Here’s one for you to try. Note that I am an Amazon affiliate, so I may earn a small commission from any purchases made through the link if you click on the picture.