I’ve already heard people say, “Don’t make pasta in a slow cooker. It’ll get all mushy and gross.” Recommendations are just to make the sauce in the slow cooker and then add it to your pasta that you’ve cooked on the stove. I’m here to tell you that I have made spaghetti in the slow cooker many times and it always comes out well. It’s all about the timing.
Ingredients for Spaghetti in the Slow Cooker
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 6 c tomato juice
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (1 1/2 tsp minced garlic or 3 tsp chopped garlic)
- 1 (29 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1/2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 3 tsp dried Italian seasoning
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 (16 oz) box angel hair pasta, broken in half
How to make Spaghetti in the Slow Cooker
- Brown ground beef.
- Drain and add to a 4-6 quart slow cooker.
- Add all other ingredients, except for the pasta.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or on high 4-5 hours.
- During the last half hour of cooking, add in the angel hair and gently stir in.
Serve with your favorite cheese topping, if desired, a salad, and garlic bread!
Check out the slow cooker below in which you can brown the beef on the stove right in the pot and then move it to the slow cooker! Fewer dirty dishes to wash!
Need a new slow cooker?
You want to make sure that you’re using the right kind of slow cooker for your meal. Do you need an upgrade or a new one? Check out this one on Amazon by clicking on the photo below. It’s my affiliate link, so I may earn a few pennies at no additional cost to you should you make a purchase.