Beef and Black-Eyed Peas is a great filling meal that doesn’t require much else to go with it. It’s perfect after a long day, especially when it’s cold outside. Some may want to save this recipe for a New Years celebration, as black-eyed peas are a traditional dish for good luck at this holiday.
Ingredients for Beef and Black-Eyed Peas
- 2 lbs. beef stew meat
- 1 16-oz bag dried black-eyed peas
- 1 10-oz can beef broth
- 5 carrots, cleaned and diced
- 4 cups water
- salt and pepper to taste
How to make Beef and Black-Eyed Peas
- Mix together flour with salt and pepper to taste.
- Dredge beef stew meat in the flour mixture and then brown in oil in a heavy skillet.
- Rinse and drain the black-eyed peas, sorting them to remove stones.
- Put the browned beef, peas, broth, carrots, and water in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 9 to 10 hours, or until black-eyed peas and beef are both tender.
Stews like this always make me want to have some hot buttered bread or rolls with it. Some may prefer crackers. Or just eat it as is. Enjoy!
Need a new slow cooker?
Here’s new fun one for you to try. Note that I am an Amazon affiliate, so I may earn a small commission from any purchases made through the link if you click on the picture.
January is Slow Cooker Month
Want even more slow cooker recipes? Keep an eye out during Slow Cooker Month.