One of my favorite summer meals is barbecue pork ribs. They’re so good when you cook them on the grill. But when it is winter, it isn’t as likely that you’re going to get someone to stand outside and cook them on the grill. Fear not, you can make them just as deliciously in your slow cooker and even get to spend less time worrying about them, because they cook without you standing over them. Plus you only need a couple of ingredients to make this mouth-watering dinner dish.
Ingredients for Barbecue Pork Ribs
- 4 lbs. of boneless pork ribs
- 1 onion, sliced thin
- 2 C of barbecue sauce
- 2 tsp of lemon juice
How to make Barbecue Pork Ribs
- Grease the bottom of the slow cooker well.
- Place the ribs into the bottom.
- Lay onions on top of the ribs.
- Whisk together the barbecue sauce and lemon juice until well-blended.
- Pour this mixture over the ribs and onions.
- Place the lid on the slow cooker and cook on low for nine hours, or until the ribs are cooked through and tender.
- Be sure to baste the ribs every once in a while to keep them coated or drying out. *Note this will not extend your cooking time, though usually removing the lid during slow cooking is not recommended.
Makes 4 servings.
Serve your ribs with your favorite side dishes. I’m partial to cole slaw with mine. What do you like with yours?
Need a new slow cooker?
Here’s one for you to try. Note that I am an Amazon affiliate, so I may earn a small commission from any purchases made through the link if you click on the picture.
More ribs recipes:
Want even more ribs? You can make them in your Instant Pot or pressure cooker, if you have one of those. Try the #InstantPot Baby Back Ribs recipe. If you want to make your own sauce, try this Dark Cherry BBQ sauce.
Need an Instant Pot?
You can also use an Instant Pot for these recipes. It makes for a great companion to your slow cooker. Check out this one below, another affiliate link.
January is Slow Cooker Month
Want even more slow cooker recipes? Keep an eye out during Slow Cooker Month.