Beef pot roast is simply a classic meal. You can make it in the oven or make it in your slow cooker. It’s fast and easy to prepare and always fills you up. It brings back all kinds of childhood memories. And it just tastes good. So today, I have a quick and easy beef pot roast recipe that you can make in your slow cooker. This one is cooked with the potatoes, so have fun choosing your veggie sides, because possibilities are endless.
Ingredients for Slow Cooked Beef Pot Roast
- 4 lb. beef roast
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 pkg dry onion soup mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 6 small red potatoes, scrubbed
- salt and pepper
- oil for frying
How to Make Slow Cooked Beef Pot Roast
- Heat oil in cast iron skillet over medium heat.
- Salt and pepper roast.
- Brown roast over medium heat, turning to brown all sides.
- Remove roast to platter.
- Turn heat to low under skillet.
- In the same skillet, mix together soup, dry onion soup mix, and water and stir to mix and get browned bits off bottom.
- Pour 1/2 mixture from skillet into crockpot, then add roast.
- Pour remaining mixture from skillet over the top of roast.
- Arrange potatoes around the roast in crockpot.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or until roast falls apart and potatoes are tender.
- Serve with favorite vegetables. Something like candied carrots will give a nice combination of sweet and tangy flavors.
What do you like to serve with your pot roast?
Need a new slow cooker?
Here’s one for you to try. Note that I am an Amazon affiliate, so I may earn a small commission from any purchases made through the link if you click on the picture.