If you’re like me and mornings are not your strong suit, you may find yourself inadvertently sacrificing nutrition for convenience as you’re running out the door. I do love oatmeal, though. Overnight oatmeal is a great way to stay healthy while not sacrificing flavor. And because you’re prepping the night before, it’s super easy to grab as you’re heading out for your day. Try this recipe for Overnight Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal and fuel your day the right way!
Ingredients for Overnight Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal
- 1 cup diced apple
- 1 cup oats – any kind
- 2 six-ounce containers vanilla Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup apple butter
- 4 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- A moderately sized bowl, large tumbler cup, or glass jar with lid
How to make Overnight Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal
- Put the oats in the bowl, tumbler, or jar.
- Stir in nuts and Greek yogurt.
- Heat apple butter to liquid form and pour on top of the mixture.
- Stir in cinnamon and cover.
- Add apple pieces in the morning and go. Or, you can add them the night before, if you want to save a few minutes in the morning. You may also wish to save the nuts to top your oatmeal.
- Place the mixture in the refrigerator until morning.
- Experiment with other nuts stirred in or placing nuts on top. See how different flavors of apples alter the taste.
What do you think of Overnight Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal? What kinds of nuts and apples do you prefer? What other flavors have you tried and enjoyed?