Stuffed peppers are so good. I’ve had them as a side dish and as a main dish. But how about in the Instant Pot as a soup? It’s tasty, it’s healthy, and it will warm you up from the inside out. So prepare to get spicy! It will take about 15 minutes to prep. Active cook time is 25-30 minutes, plus time to reach pressure and 10 minutes for the natural release. Serves four to six. Enjoy!
Are you still in need of an Instant Pot? You can grab one through my Amazon link here. I’ll earn a few pennies at no additional cost to you, and you can try out this recipe and some others!
Ingredients for Instant Pot Stuffed Poblano Pepper Soup
1 T. extra virgin olive oil
½ medium red onion, diced
2 large Poblano peppers, seeded and diced
2 t. garlic powder, minced
1 T. Italian seasoning
Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
2 lbs. lean ground beef
3½ c. beef or chicken broth, preferably organic
1 28-oz. can crushed tomatoes, with liquid
1 c. long-grain brown rice, uncooked
3 T. fresh parsley, chopped
How to make Instant Pot Stuffed Poblano Pepper Soup
- Add olive oil to Instant Pot® and select the Sauté function. Set to high and once the display reads “hot,” add red onion, Poblano peppers, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and cook, stirring continually, until the onions and pepper soften and develop a bit of color, approximately 4-5 minutes.
- Transfer veggie mixture to a medium bowl. Add ground beef and brown for 3-4 minutes, or until no longer pink inside, stirring occasionally. Turn the unit off and carefully drain any excess fat from the container.
- Pour sautéed veggies on top of the browned beef. Add broth, crushed tomatoes, and brown rice. Stir to combine and season with salt and black pepper, as desired.
- Add the lid and set the pressure valve to “sealing.” Select the “Manual” cooking option on the high setting and set cook time to 20 minutes. When done cooking, allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes, and then do a quick release for any remaining pressure.
- To serve, transfer soup to individual bowls and garnish with fresh chopped parsley, if desired. Enjoy!