Ham is something that my family traditionally ate only at Easter. Every once in a while, Mom would make it at other times of year. I admit that I don’t eat a lot of it when it is still warm, but there’s nothing better than the leftover ham in a sandwich or as a cold meal the next day. Even better, you can easily make it in your slow cooker, including the sauce! Try it this way and see what you think.
Ingredients for Sweet Mustard Ham
- 3 to 5 lb. cooked ham
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 3 Tbsp orange juice
- 1 Tbsp cold water
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
How to make Sweet Mustard Ham
- Place ham in slow cooker.
- In separate bowl, mix together brown sugar, mustard, and orange juice.
- Pour mixture over ham, put cover on slow cooker, and cook on HIGH for 1 hour.
- Turn slow cooker down to LOW temperature and cook for 6 to 7 hours.
- Remove ham from slow cooker and keep warm, and turn slow cooker to HIGH.
- Mix cold water and cornstarch in small bowl until cornstarch is dissolved.
- Whisk cornstarch mixture into drippings in slow cooker, cook until sauce begins to thicken, whisking several times.
- Serve ham with thickened glaze spooned over slices.
Looking for another way to make ham in a slow cooker? Try this Easter Ham recipe.
Need a slow cooker?
Whether you’re looking to add to your slow cooker arsenal or replacing an old one, there are tons of options available to you. Here’s one to check out on Amazon. Just click on the picture! Note that it is my affiliate link, so should you make a purchase through it, I’ll earn a couple of pennies at no additional cost to you.