The best way to cook chili, in my opinion, is to let it slow cook all day long. It warms your soul as you think about it all day long and smell it cooking. My friends like to go crazy and cook all kinds of chili and then have competitions at their get-togethers. My personal favorite is a chicken chili made in the slow cooker, just for something a little different. And this recipe is so easy! You can even prep it ahead of time, store the ingredients in a ziploc bag, and trust the significant other or kids to get it started.
Ingredients for Chicken Chili
- 2 lbs. skinless, boneless chicken thighs, diced
- 3 cans (14 oz) diced tomatoes with chilies and garlic, undrained
- 1 pkg. (1 oz) taco seasoning mix
- 2 cans (15 oz) Great Northern beans, drained
- 3 cups water
How to Make Chicken Chili
- Stir all of the ingredients together in your slow cooker.
- Cover, and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours, or until chicken is tender.
Depending on your tastes, or what you have in the kitchen, serve the chicken chili with cornbread, tortillas, or corn chips. I even sometimes add a dollop of sour cream or sprinkle some cheese on top for added flavor.
Need a new slow cooker?
Here’s one for you to try. Note that I am an Amazon affiliate, so I may earn a small commission from any purchases made through the link if you click on the picture.