You don’t have to wait until it is warm outside to have mouthwatering baby back ribs for dinner. Forget the grill and bust out your Instant Pot! Make them with just the dry rub, or use your favorite BBQ sauce for added flavor. May I recommend the Dark Cherry BBQ Sauce that you can also make in the Instant Pot?
This meal is easily prepped in just 10 minutes. Cooking time is 30 minutes plus time to come to pressure. It serves four.
Baby Back Ribs Dry Rub Ingredients
- 1 t. garlic powder
- 1 t. chili powder
- 1 t. dried rosemary
- 1 t. ground cumin
- ½ t. cinnamon
- ¼ t. cayenne pepper
- ½ t. smoked paprika
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
Other Ingredients for Baby Back Ribs
- 2½ – 3 lbs. baby back ribs
- 1 c. beef stock (or water)
- Dark Cherry BBQ Sauce (or BBQ sauce of choice)
How to Make Baby Back Ribs in the Instant Pot
- Combine ingredients for the dry rub in a small bowl and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Carefully remove membrane from back of baby back ribs with a sharp knife, if necessary. Cut the ribs into 3 or 4 equal-sized parts and work the dry rub into each section on both sides. Set aside.
- Add beef broth or water to Instant Pot and insert the metal rack. Place the seasoned ribs on their sides on top of the insert. (Do not stack them flat on top of each other).
- Lock the Instant Pot lid into place and flip the pressure valve to “Sealing.” Set the “Manual” setting to high for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, line a large, rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and set aside.
- Once cooking time is complete, do a quick release (QR) by flipping the sealing valve to the “Venting” position. Unlock and remove the Instant Pot lid and carefully transfer ribs to prepared baking sheet. Brush ribs with a generous amount of BBQ sauce on each side.
- Pre-heat broiler to high and broil the ribs for 3-5 minutes or until nicely browned. Remove from oven and cool slightly before cutting into individual portions. Serve immediately with extra BBQ sauce for dipping.