Welcome to the Haunted Halloween Spooktacular tour for Hidden Gypsy Magic by Tena Stetler! Today she’s not only sharing an excerpt with us, but also her tips on keeping your pets safe on Halloween. Enjoy the spooky trip and be sure to check out the incredible giveaway at the end!
Since I’m a big animal person, I’ve compiled a few tips on Keeping your Pets Safe on Halloween.
It’s almost time for another spooktacular sequel in the annual Halloween tradition. A holiday beloved in countries around the world, appealing to people looking for fun and thrills– But for their pets…not so much! Halloween festivities can be stressful, to say the least and downright hazardous at times. A few tips to keep everyone safe and enjoying the holiday!
1. Treats – Chocolate is poisonous to cats, dogs, and parrots. The darker it is the more toxic it is. One ounce of dark chocolate can poison a 50-pound dog. Keep these treats out of your pets’ reach. Make sure everyone in your household understands, especially children, how crucial it is that no human treats are given to pets.
2. Alarming sounds and sights – The constant doorbell, ringing, unfamiliar guest, and little monsters running around is a recipe for disaster for your pets. They could try to escape or display unexpected aggression. Keep your pet sequestered in a section of the home where they can avoid this anxiety-causing activities. Provide food, favorite toys, and check on them often.
3. Don’t leave pets outside! Pets have been known to be abused or killed on Halloween night by cruel people. I owned a black cat for twenty-two years, he was the best cat ever. But we made sure to keep him inside several days before Halloween and several days after. Yep he was no pleased!
4. Never take your dog trick or treating for all of the above reasons. Dogs can easily be spooked by all the Halloween hubbub. If they run away or bite someone it will end your evening of fun.
5. Dangerous Decorations – Electrical cords and batteries used to operate the exciting Halloween decorations can be hazardous to your pets. Chewing on cords can cause electrocution, chewing on batteries can cause chemical burns, if swallowed can cause intestinal blockage. Artificial cobwebs look cool as heck, but they can also present a choking or entanglement hazard to curious pets. Nightmarish Pet Costumes – Most pets are happiest in the skin they were born in. LOL Yet pet owners will dress their fur, scaled, or feathered babies up for Halloween. Don’t put your pet in a costume unless they are completely comfortable with it. I admit I dress up my dog and parrot for Halloween. I choose costumes they’re comfortable in, do not hinder movement, sight, hearing, or ability to breathe, bark, scream, or meow.
6. Eerie Glow Items – Glow necklaces and Glow sticks can help keep people safe on Halloween, but pets not so much. They can cause gastrointestinal distress and chewed fragments can pose a choking hazard.
7. One last thought – Opening the door repeatedly for trick-or-treaters creates the possibility of pets to slip outside. Collars and tags work if someone locates and collects your wayward pet. Make sure the information on the tags is up-to-date. Microchips offer permanent identification. Just make sure your information is correct with the company who supports your pet microchips.
Hidden Gypsy Magic
A Witch’s Journey Series
Genre: Paranormal Romance/Mystery
Publisher: The Wild Rose Press
Date of Publication:September 28, 2020
Number of pages: 330
Word Count: 85,144
Cover Artist: Kristian Norris
Tagline: The consequences of awakening hidden gypsy magic could forever alter life as they know it!
The Salem Wildlife Sanctuary is Gwen Taylor’s life work.Her Irish Gypsy heritage provides a hidden talent she uses to help the creatures under her care.But even her magical skills can’t help new rescues in dire need of veterinary care.
The opportunity of signing on as the vet for Gwen’s sanctuary dropped into Brock Scutter’s lap after he expanded his practice to include wildlife. The personal attraction he and Gwen experience is undeniable the more their professional and personal lives collide.
Touring the only “non-haunted” house in Salem they both feel a spark of magic.A trip to his family’s cabin uncovers a heritage he didn’t know existed.If they want a future together, it means facing the consequences of awakening hidden Gypsy magic and a race against the clock to correct past wrongs.
(affiliate links included)
“This house may not have a history of magic, but I’d bet it’s magical. You’re going to put an offer in. Right?”
“As I said before, it may be completely out of my price range.”
“I have a feeling the house has been waiting for you.” Gwen flung her hand to her mouth, her face flushed, and her gaze swiveled to him. “I don’t know what made me say that.”
Looking thoughtful, he grinned. “Since the day I stumbled upon Pepper’s secret — then discovered that you and I share the gift or curse of gypsy blood, things have been different—” Pausing, he shoved his hand in his jean’s pocket and jingled the change in his pocket. “I’ve been different. It’s as if knowing magic exists awakened something in me.”
“Join the club. Years ago my best friend Pepper made a believer out of me. In fact, there were times I wished—never mind. Whether it was my outlook or as you said magic awakened. But to be fair, I’ve always had what I called a sixth sense with animals, attuned to their feelings, almost their thoughts, fears, that kind of thing. Pepper called it my talent. But as we became close, I noticed other abilities… you’ll think I’m crazy.”
“Try me.” He moved closer to her and the front door banged open. Quickly he rushed to the top of the stairs.
About the Author:
Tena Stetler is a best-selling author of award winning paranormal romance with an over-active imagination.She wrote her first vampire romance as a tween, to the chagrin of her mother and the delight of her friends. Colorado is home; shared with her husband, a brilliant Chow Chow, a spoiled parrot and a forty-five-year-old box turtle. When she’s not writing, her time is spent kayaking, camping, hiking, bikingor just relaxing in the great Colorado outdoors.
Her books tell tales of magical kick-ass women and mystical alpha males that dare to love them. Travel, adventure and a bit of mystery flourish in her books along with a few companion animals to round out the tales.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
2 thoughts on “Haunted Halloween Spooktacular: Keeping Your Pets Safe on Halloween by Tena Stetler, author of Hidden Gypsy Magic”
Thank you for hosting Hidden Gypsy Magic. I appreciate your efforts!
Thank you so much for hosting Hidden Gypsy Magic. I really appreciate your efforts!
Comments are closed.