Whether or not you subscribe to a full-time plant-based diet, you cannot deny that there are a lot of healthy, great-tasting options out there to incorporate even part time. What I love about the Peach Ginger Smoothie is not only the great taste, because I love peach-flavored anything, but also the ginger. I have a wonky stomach at times, and ginger is so wonderful for helping it to balance out. Add in some other healthy ingredients to this smoothie recipe, and you’re definitely kicking off your morning in the right way.
Note: For best results, use a high-powered blender. A regular blender will also work. Just make sure you start with very small pieces and add a few at a time. Blending time and techniques are going to vary depending on your blender.
Ingredients for a Peach Ginger Smoothie:
- 8 oz. water
- ½” piece of ginger root, peeled
- 3 T. fresh lime juice
- 1 small golden beet, peeled and cut into chunks***
- 2 stalks fresh celery, rinsed and cut into chunks
- ¼ medium cucumber, peeled
- 3-4 slices frozen peaches
- 6-8 ice cubes
***This recipe calls for a golden beet because the coloring works well with the other ingredients. A red beet will work just as well; however, it will change the presentation of your smoothie.
How to Make a Peach Ginger Smoothie:
- In a high-powered blender, you can add all of the ingredients at once, turned onto its lowest setting. In a regular blender, start with the liquids and ice and then slowly add the small chunks of the other ingredients.
- Gradually increase the speed and continue blending until all of the ingredients have been fully incorporated into the smoothie.
- Pour into a heavy, frosted glass and serve immediately. There’s one for you and one to share!
Let us know what you think of this smoothie! What other kinds of smoothies do you like to include in your plant-based diet?