‘Tis the season for comfort food. And one of my favorite kinds of comfort food involves beef. I can’t help it. I am a carnivore and try to keep some red meat in my diet as part of maintaining my iron levels. Creamy mushroom beef is definitely one of my favorites. Let this cook all day in your slow cooker and make the house smell so warm and inviting. I prefer to serve it over noodles, but some may like it better over rice. Enjoy!
Ingredients for Creamy Mushroom Beef
- 3 lbs. of beef stew meat, cubed
- 1 envelope of dry onion soup mix
- 1 (10 3/4 oz.) can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 (4 oz.) cans of mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 C of apple juice
How to make Creamy Mushroom Beef
- Scatter the meat over the bottom of a well greased crock pot. Sprinkle the onion soup mix over the meat.
- Add the mushroom soup. Pour the mushrooms along with their juice into the crock pot. Pour the apple juice over the top.
- Cover the crock pot and cook on low 10 hours or until the meat is fork tender.
Makes 6 servings.
Again, I prefer to eat creamy mushroom beef over cooked egg noodles. Some people will prefer to eat this over rice. Either one is fine. Or, just enjoy it as is! You may also want to add a side of fruit and a loaf of crusty bread.
Need a new slow cooker?
Whether you are finally adding one to your kitchen collection or simply upgrading what you have, you can’t go wrong with a good slow cooker. Here is a recommended model for you to check out. Note that it is my affiliate link, which just means I will earn a few pennies in commission at no additional cost to you, should you make a purchase through the link.