I love a great cup of hot coffee any day of the year, but especially when it is colder outside. Making it into a mocha makes it even better because then you have the fun flavors going on. And during the holiday season, I want to add in some cinnamon flavoring to feel more festive. So why not try a Cinnamon-Spiced Hot Mocha? There are a couple of ways to make it, and you can easily tweak it to fit your tastes and needs. The first one is easily made on the stovetop using instant coffee and is great all day long. The second version is made using your favorite coffee or espresso and my favorite way to kickstart the day.
Ingredients for an Instant Cinnamon-Spiced Hot Mocha:
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cinnamon stick
How to make an Instant Cinnamon-Spiced Hot Mocha on the stove:
- Pour the milk into a saucepan and place over medium heat.
- Add the coffee and cocoa.
- Stir in the sugar and salt.
- Continue stirring as the mixture heats up to help dissolve the cocoa.
- When the cocoa is dissolved add the vanilla extract.
- Stir to incorporate all the flavors together.
- Remove from the heat and pour into a mug and garnish with a cinnamon stick.
How to make a Cinnamon-Spiced Hot Mocha with fresh coffee
Okay, so maybe you would rather have more real coffee and that real coffee taste in your cinnamon-spiced hot mocha, with even more caffeine. Use your favorite method to brew a great cup of coffee, whether drip, French press, Keurig, or pour-over. Or make a shot of espresso if that is more your style. Follow the above directions for the milk to heat it, only obviously leaving out the instant coffee. If you prefer to steam your milk, do so, only stir the other ingredients into the coffee first. And then for both methods, pour your hot or steamed milk on top of the coffee and enjoy.
One thought on “Cinnamon-Spiced Hot Mocha Recipe”