I love the sweet and savory flavor of orange chicken, but I admit I go out too often to get it. Save some money and have a healthier meal by making this at home and adding sweet potatoes to it. It’s so satisfying!
Ingredients for Orange Chicken with Sweet Potatoes
- 4 sweet potatoes, cleaned and coarse cut
- 6 skinless chicken thighs
- 1 cup orange marmalade
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- Put prepared sweet potatoes in slow cooker.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Arrange chicken thighs on top of sweet potatoes.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Mix orange marmalade and chicken broth together in separate bowl and then pour over the chicken.
- Set slow cooker to LOW and cook covered for 6 to 8 hours.
- Spoon sauce over top of chicken when serving.
- Serve alongside steamed kale for a complete meal, or choose your favorite steamed vegetables. Carrots are also great.
Need a new slow cooker?
Do you need to upgrade your slow cooker? Or are you just looking to add a new one? Check out this one by clicking on the picture below. Note that it is my affiliate link, so I will make a few pennies should you make a purchase, at no additional cost to you.