I’m famous for my love of Mexican restaurants. But sometimes, I need to just make my favorite meals at home, to save a little bit of time. Plus, it’s great to not have to leave the house when it’s so cold outside, and oh, the way the house smells as foods like these hot tamales slow cook all day!
Ingredients for Hot Tamales
- 2 (14 oz.) cans chili con carne
- 6 tamales
- 1/2 C of onion, chopped
- 2 C corn chips, crushed
- 1 C Mexican cheese, shredded
How to make Hot Tamales
- Spread the chili con carne over the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Lay the tamales over the chili.
- Sprinkle in the onions.
- Scatter the crushed chips over the onions.
- Spread the cheese over the top.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours.
Makes 6 servings
For a flavor twist, try nacho-flavored chips instead of regular corn chips. Or try different kinds of cheese. I love the Mexican blend, but some people would prefer to just use cheddar or something else. I may even use a little bit of sour cream on occasion.
Need a new slow cooker?
Need a new slow cooker? Check out the one featured below by clicking on the picture. It’s my affiliate link, which means that I’ll earn a few pennies at no additional cost to you.