Cauliflower is everywhere these days! That’s because it’s actually good for you. I will sit and eat cauliflower with ranch dip all day long, but I also like adding it to various dishes for a healthy meal. And you can never go wrong adding cheese to anything, right? So here you can enjoy cauliflower and cheese in a soup that you make in your slow cooker. So filling and yummy!
Ingredients for Creamed Cauliflower and Cheese Soup
- 2 large head cauliflower, cleaned and cut up
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1 large can (48 oz) chicken stock (about 6 cups)
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups shredded mild Cheddar or American cheese
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
How to make Creamed Cauliflower and Cheese Soup
- Put cauliflower, onion, celery, and chicken stock into the slow cooker.
- Set slow cooker to LOW and then cover and cook for 7 to 8 hours.
- When done cooking, use an immersion blender to puree the mixture in the slow cooker, or remove mixture to a blender and blend until smooth and then return to the slow cooker.
- When mixture is smooth and returned to the slow cooker, turn the heat to HIGH. Add the cumin, Worcestershire sauce, heavy cream, and shredded cheese, stirring until mixture is hot and cheese is melted.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper as needed.
Turn this recipe for any creamy cheese and vegetable soup by substituting another vegetable for the cauliflower, such as broccoli. You can also make it vegetarian by substituting vegetable broth for the chicken broth.
Serves 4 to 6.
Need a new slow cooker?
Do you need to upgrade your slow cooker? Check out this one by clicking on the picture below. It’s my Amazon affiliate link, which just means I can earn a few pennies at no additional cost to you.