White bean dip is one of my favorite dips out there. It makes for a great base to add a variety of flavors. It’s good with vegetables, tortilla chips, or even pita chips. Or you can have something with a bit more seasoning to complement its flavor. Try this white bean dip with homemade pita chips for your next snack or get-together.
Ingredients for Homemade Pita Chips
- 6 pitas
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Homemade Pita Chips
- Preheat over to 375 degrees.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut each pita into 8 equal-sized wedges.
- Lightly brush each wedge with olive oil on both sides and then place them on the baking sheet.
- Season the pita wedges with salt and pepper to taste before placing the baking sheet in the oven.
- Bake for 5 to 6 minutes and then flip each wedge over before baking for another 5 to 6 minutes, or until the pita wedges are a golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and set aside.
Ingredients for White Bean Dip
- 1 15 oz. can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, peeled
- 2 T. fresh lemon juice
- 2 – 3 large fresh sage leaves, chopped (*Note – A little bit of fresh sage can go a long way. You may want to start with a smaller amount and then add to taste.)
- 1/3 c. regular extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 T. high-quality extra virgin olive oil
- dash cayenne pepper
How to Make White Bean Dip
- Add cannellini beans, fresh garlic, lemon juice, sage leaves, and regular olive oil to a food processor or blender.
- Blend the ingredients until they’re smooth.
- Pour the dip into a bowl and salt and pepper to taste.
- Just before serving, sprinkle with the dash of cayenne pepper and drizzle a little high-quality extra virgin olive oil on top to give it an extra pop of flavor.
- Serve with the homemade pita chips or veggies.