The holiday season may elicit thoughts of cranberry everything, but that isn’t the only reddish fruit out there. I also love pomegranate. (The pomegranate mimosa my local bar and grill used to make is still my favorite!) So why not try it as a holiday cocktail and mocktail? Sparkling water gives you the fancy and festive fizz of champagne. Serve in decorative holiday-themed glasses for even more seasonal cheer! Want to keep it non-alcoholic? All you have to do is leave out the vodka. Your whole family will enjoy it before or during dinner!
Yield: 2 drinks
Total Prep Time: 5 minutes
- 4 oz. citrus-flavored vodka, chilled
- 6 oz. 100% Pomegranate juice, chilled
- 3 T. fresh lime juice
- 4 oz. cold sparkling water
- Optional garnish:
- lime wedges
- fresh pomegranate arils
How to Make a Sparkling Pomegranate Cocktail
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice cubes and add vodka, pomegranate, and lime juice.
- Shake to combine thoroughly.
- Strain liquid mixture evenly into two champagne glasses and top with sparkling water.
- Serve immediately.
Make it a Sparkling Pomegranate Mocktail
If your kids want to join in the fun, or you or a guest prefer to not imbibe, easily make this into a mocktail by leaving out the vodka. It’s just as tasty!